Manager, Firmware Validation
Foster City, CA
Software – Vehicle Software
The firmware team at Zoox is responsible for bringing together the computer science world with the automotive world in order to create one amazing product. As the Firmware Validation Manager, you will build and manage a team responsible for ensuring that each of the Zoox developed electronic control units meet all requirements and specifications through a combination of SIL, HIL, and vehicle testing. We are looking for someone with excellent leadership skills and technical expertise in simulation and validation for complex safety-critical hardware and software systems.
- Build and lead a validation team, acting as the primary individual responsible for ensuring our software for each controller meets all requirements and specifications.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment Develop and maintain processes, test infrastructure, and test suites for different validation stages.
- Work cross functionally with development teams to investigate and resolve issues.
- Define test plans, conduct testing, and evaluate/document test results.
- Design and implement hardware in the loop (HIL) and software in the loop (SIL) testing frameworks.
- Automate testing and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills.
- Strong background in simulation, testing, and validation of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with test case management, test driven development, test automation, and continuous integration.
- Fluent in Python
- Knowledge of development processes for safety-critical systems (ISO26262 or DO-178)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.