Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Simulation Release Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
The Zoox simulation team has a critical mission: to be able to answer the question, "Is Zoox's autonomous driving software safe?" This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way.
You will be a key member of the simulation team, helping to deliver new versions of the simulation framework reliably and efficiently. You will also work cross functionally, with other build/release engineers and the QA and infrastructure teams, to integrate the simulation framework into a release process to validate our safety critical autonomous vehicle software.
- Perform the simulation framework release process on a regular cadence
- Troubleshoot failures and drive resolution
- Continually improve the release process by removing inefficiencies and automating manual steps
- Create metrics and dashboards to facilitate a data-driven approach to process improvement
- Collaborate with sim developers and QA to increase test coverage for each release
- Help to integrate the simulation framework, together with infrastructure systems and other parts of our autonomous driving stack, into a release process for our validation pipelines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering for large, complex products
- Solid understanding of source control systems (Git preferred), especially branch management and conflict resolution
- Multiple years of experience with CI/CD, including build and deploy tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo and GitHub Enterprise
- Proficiency with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience developing web applications
- Great communication skills
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
- Experience with monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or EKS
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $185,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.