Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
Zoox's internship program provides hands-on experiences with state of the art technology, mentorship from some of the industry's brightest minds, and the opportunity to play a part in our success. Internships at Zoox are reserved for those that demonstrate outstanding academic performance, activities outside their course work, aptitude, curiosity, and a passion for Zoox's mission.
We have opportunities within our drive and platforms teams within Firmware; candidates will be matched to the team that best fits their skill set and interests.
The firmware drive systems team is responsible for embedded software development for the driving related functions and sub-systems of the Zoox vehicle. The platforms team is responsible for developing, extending, and maintaining support for multiple embedded platforms for the Zoox vehicle.
We are looking for people who are passionate about diving deep into the hardware and creating robust and reusable software.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Proficiency in C++
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in embedded systems
- Prior experience at an autonomous vehicle, automotive, or robotics company
- 2-3 previous industry experiences
- Involvement/leadership with campus clubs related to robotics, automotive, or related fields
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.