Technical Program Manager - Electrical Systems
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering /
The Electrical Systems Integration team at Zoox delivers validated firmware (FW), software (SW), and hardware (HW) packages to our vehicles, and creates and maintains test platform (Botz) infrastructure required to achieve that validation.
As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will plan team milestones, track internal and external issues, coordinate the execution of testing on multiple Botz, and deliver HW and SW packages. This is a highly cross-functional role, requiring constant communication with FW, SW, HW, vehicle integration, product, and mission planning teams; a key task is to propagate lessons learned among these teams to improve the execution of subsequent development phases.
- You will communicate challenges and identify program risks while proactively developing mitigation plans.
- You will develop new or improve existing processes to overcome unique and unforeseen challenges.
- You will work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure.
- You will develop schedules based on company milestones and ensure that projects remain on track.
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, and present to the executive team.
- You will lead the change management process coordination with all stakeholders.
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (EE or Mechtronics, preferably).
- Experience: 3+ years of engineering plus 5+ years of program management.
- Demonstrated release of hardware products that depend on firmware/software.
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. JIRA, Gantt charts).
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Hardware and software integration experience
- Experience with CAN, LIN, or ethernet and/or bring-up of complicated systems.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.