Business Intelligence Lead
Foster City, CA
Finance – Finance
The Zoox Finance team is responsible for managing all aspects of our business’s finances including formulation of financial statements, maintaining short and long-term financial models and outlooks, financial analysis of strategic initiatives, formulation of tools and processes to support decision making, and much more.
As Zoox’s first Finance BI hire, you will leverage your strong quantitative and analytical skills, querying ability, and data visualization skills to not only partner with senior leadership but also roll up your sleeves to gather data and build the insightful dashboards Zoox needs. You should be a self-starter with strong personal initiative, ability to navigate ambiguity, and passion for technology.
- Develop & influence a long term BI strategy/analytics/tools roadmap and self-service reporting capabilities, and drive the implementation end-to-end
- Lead all BI projects including business partnering to manage stakeholders, outlining business requirements, developing an operational plan to maintain data, implementation of reporting solutions, and providing on-going support
- Work with finance and functional business leaders to understand their information needs and deliver thoughtfully developed, long-term solutions and metrics
- Apply proven expertise to build production quality reporting and analytics solutions, balancing performance and usability
- Be responsible for the strategic development of Zoox’s BI Infrastructure including business applications interfaces, data warehouse and reporting applications, etc.
- Bachelors in a quantitative or STEM discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics), or 6+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis
- Large Data ETL experience and advanced SQL skills; strong database development and query knowledge including proficiency in SQL coding across standard relational environment
- Strong project management skills to take business asks from ideation all the way to production
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical rigour; capability of managing multiple projects and reporting simultaneously across different groups
- Experience with front end data visualization applications (e.g., Looker, Data Studio, Tableau) Back-end architecture design and development within this software is a plus.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.