Software Engineer - GUI
Foster City, CA
Software – Dashboards & UI
You will be a key part of the software engineering team responsible for developing the user interface and experience for a variety of products and applications relevant to autonomous vehicles. You will collaborate closely with a team of product managers and experience designers on the design of elegant and easy-to-use interfaces. You will work with our HMI team to develop software for highly functional and intuitive user experiences that handle complex workflows involving 3D graphical representations, streaming video, and visualization of 3-dimensional data.
- Translating requirements into design elements and coherent user interfaces
- Implementing mock-ups and interaction prototypes as part of an iterative design process
- Developing a consistent and high performance 3D UI and visualization architecture capable of displaying multiple data streams
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing UI/UX software for information-heavy applications with complex workflows
- Extensive experience programming interactive 3D user interfaces and visualizations
- Strong knowledge of usability engineering as well as navigation, interaction, and graphic design
- Knowledge of C++, Linux, OpenGL, and 3D graphics rendering techniques
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.