Electrical Engineer - Motherboard
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As our electrical engineer supporting motherboard, you will be tasked with developing digital, mixed signal, and RF PCBs. The role will include schematic capture as well as PCB layout work. The position requires an experienced individual who has previously held a similar position within the electronics industry. This role requires working within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to design high quality, high speed digital, low noise analog, mixed signal, and RF printed circuit boards in accordance with industry standards and the company’s practices and requirements.
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Contribution to the team design process, participation in brainstorming
- Design requirements analysis, schematic capture, components selection
- Design single sided, double sided, and multi-layered PCBs using industry standard techniques
- CAD library administration including symbol, footprint generation, and database administration
- Technical liaison within Engineering, and other company departments, as well as external suppliers
- Creation of 3D models and assemblies from 2D layouts
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- A minimum of five years industry experience in a similar role
- A proven track record of successful production quality PCB designs
- Extensive knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout using one of the leading CAD packages, e.g. Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, Zuken, etc.
- Experience of Gerber file creation and manipulation (RS274x and/or ODB++)
- Experience in ECAD library maintenance
- Experience of using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- DFM/DFA/DFT techniques
- Understanding of PCB fabrication techniques and associated PCB materials and processes
- RF/High-speed/Low noise layout practices
- Design for EMC practices, control of parasitics, EMI mitigation
- Optimal components placement and partitioning of mixed domain boards (mixed signal boards)
- Switch mode power supply (SMPS) layout considerations
- Mastering of Signal Integrity and Power Integrity topics
- Mastering of grounding and decoupling topics
- PDN design and optimization
- PCB stackup design and optimization
- Knowledge of IPC standards
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.