Data Scientist, Analytics
Foster City, CA
Software – Data
The Data team uses the data from our autonomous vehicles to drive strategic decision-making throughout the company. You will use vehicle data to improve our operations leading up to launch and then optimizing the autonomous mobility experience post-launch. You will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and operations to perform analyses that supports decisions, directs efforts, and instills a data-first culture.
- Performing deep-dive analysis that informs how we manage and deploy our fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Developing metrics to track our operational performance and inform company-wide decisions
- Designing and building the operational data model that will take Zoox from vehicle testing to operating a service
- Building models and designing experiments that seek to undercover truth
- Evangelizing data-driven decision-making through the organization
- 2+ years experience in a data-focused role, performing analyses that inform decision-making
- Expertise in SQL and experience with database design
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language (R or python) to move and analyze data
- Experience designing metrics and building mechanisms to fuel business insights
- Focus on impact of analyses and metrics
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.