Firmware Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration
The Firmware Validation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking progress of firmware validation tests. This role requires a candidate passionate about learning how things work to the point of breaking them. The ideal candidate has proven experience testing complex embedded systems in a team environment focused on firmware behaviors.
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency
- Review tests written by teammates
- Assist with test prioritization
- B.S. in relevant engineering discipline
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Object-Oriented Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.