System Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
The Control Systems team at Zoox is responsible for bringing together the computer science world with the automotive world in order to make one amazing product. As the simulation and testing/validation engineer, you are responsible for building a team that validates the Control Systems team's contribution to the company by means of simulation (HIL/SIL) and real world tests. We are looking for someone with excellent leadership skills and technical expertise in simulation and validation for complex safety-critical hardware and software systems.
- Build and lead a team of validation engineers and act as primary individual responsible for ensuring our controls software meets all safety requirements and specifications.
- Design and implement hardware in the loop (HIL) and testing platform software in the loop (SIL) tools for control and vehicle systems
- Automate testing and ensure software bugs are caught early and reliably
- Contribute to failure and hazard analyses and implement robust tests for safety-critical requirements
- Try hard to break our software by considering scenarios software and hardware engineers have missed and then work with engineers to harden the system against those failures
- Develop and validate accurate vehicle simulation models to be used for development and validation of control and other vehicle systems
- Define test plans, execute them, and evaluate/document test results
- Work with the perception and planning simulation teams to integrate control systems and vehicle dynamics into the SIL
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- Strong background in simulation, testing, and validation of complex dynamic systems
- Experience with requirements tracking for safety-critical systems as well as failure and hazard analyses (knowledge of ISO26262 or DO-178 standards is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of physics and dynamics
- Experience developing an automated testing system for mechatronics systems
- Fluency in C / C++ / Python / Matlab / Simulink
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.