CAD-PLM Methodology Specialist
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Program Management
The CAD-PLM Methodology Specialist is a member of the Program Management Organization and supports and develops a broad range of activities surrounding establishment and sustaining of effective processes, methodologies, and standards for management of CAD data and product documentation.
The Specialist will proactively train new users in CAD and PLM methodologies and establish documentation for the corresponding processes. The employee will also work with various engineering organizations in a daily support role to help resolve questions and issues with CATIA CAD and 3DX PLM and other data systems platforms in real-time.
A successful applicant will have the opportunity to help define the enterprise processes for a fast growing, future oriented product development and production brand with the potential to grow into a leadership role in Program Management or Engineering Systems domains.
- Elicitation of requirements for, and creation/continuous improvement of CAD Modeling and Drafting Methodologies, Best Practices, and Standards for Product Engineering Groups.
- Elicitation of requirements for, and creation/continuous improvement of PLM processes and methodologies to support new product introduction and industrialization.
- Develop documentation and perform training and targeted mentoring to key users of the PLM and Enterprise Systems ecosystem.
- Provide daily support to help engineers resolve errors, understand methods, and function efficiently in CATIA and PLM environments.
- Work with engineering stakeholders to establish and industrialize standard parts and materials libraries for product development and production usage.
- Manage, automate, and streamline data exchange and sharing processes within and between organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering/production environments working with CAD Data and enterprise scale PLM/PDM data systems.
- In depth experience in CATIA Modeling and Drawing Standards best practices and data management for complex products.
- Design Engineering background and experience in automotive/aerospace/robotics industries is preferred.
- Code skills and experience writing and maintaining CATIA Macros and Automations is preferred.
- Ability and desire to work cross-functionally with engineering data authors and downstream data customers to resolve issues holistically.
- General skill with computers and advanced knowledge of common business software.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.