Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering /
Zoox is looking for a Restraints Engineer to join our Vehicle Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of a new generation of passive restraint systems for Zoox's autonomous vehicles. You will support development and help integrate restraint performance to deliver the complete systems, rather than just components.
- Design automotive component parts in CATIA V5/V6
- Work cross-functionally with engineering teams across Zoox to align on packaging, design, styling studio surfaces, and manufacturing processes to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Complete and release CAD data of seatbelt assemblies and airbag modules
- Work cross-functionally within the Zoox Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement teams to ensure the restraint systems manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Complete technical documentation including DFMEAs and DVP&R’s
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in automotive restraint systems component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level)
- 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience with restraint modules or restraint subsystems testing and data analysis
- Experience with technical documentation to include DVP&R and DFMEA
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.