Corporate Counsel, Commercial
Foster City, CA
Operations – Legal
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will support our procurement, hardware engineering, and manufacturing teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations. In addition, you will be the primary point of contact for other legal issues, such as supply chain and manufacturing compliance issues and vendor relationships. This role will be Zoox’s first dedicated commercial counsel and will have significant room for growth as Zoox’s operation matures.
- Act as the primary contact for procurement, hardware engineering, and manufacturing teams, advising them on a wide variety of matters, including technology development agreements, vendor contracts, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Work with our procurement team to draft and negotiate all types of agreements.
- Work collaboratively with both our procurement and engineering teams to develop strategic business relationships with Zoox’s vendors.
- Assist in managing vendor relations.
- Develop and implement best practices, including contract lifecycle management.
- Formulate and streamline processes to ensure compliance.
- Be willing to help with other legal issues that arise in a lean legal team.
- 6+ years handling commercial transactions, preferably both in-house and at a law firm.
- Proven record of negotiating, drafting, problem solving, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts, including those relating to manufacturing vendors, technology vendors, software, and environmental health and safety.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of room for innovation and decision-making.
- Proven record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time.
- Great business and legal judgment, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams.
- Being inquisitive, willing to learn new things, and able to take the initiative to solve problems without being told to do so.
- JD with outstanding academic credentials and in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience at OEM or vehicle manufacturing companies.
- Experience handling manufacturing and environmental regulatory and compliance issues.
- Experience with other types of corporate transactional documents, such as financing documents and real estate agreements.
- Experience handling commercial contract disputes.
- Experience drafting software license agreements.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.