Senior Manager, IT Applications
Foster City, CA /
Information Technology – Enterprise Applications /
As a Senior Manager, IT Applications you will lead a team responsible for designing and creating a suite of custom built applications as well as owning a multitude of Enterprise SaaS applications. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies, which includes organizing, guiding, and managing your organization to meet the desired goals.
This role offers the opportunity to create, grow, and mature processes and standards within the team and drive projects to improve the user experience and team efficiency. In addition, you will be a resource, mentor, and leader of a growing team including conducting performance reviews and evaluating work and progress.
- Develop and define the vision, strategy, framework and roadmaps for the Zoox IT Applications organization.
- Drive conversations with executives and business stakeholders to execute the overall IT Applications strategy and provide strategic leadership to the IT Applications team.
- Hire, train, and mentor a team of Application Developers, Administrators, and Analysts.
- Oversight of daily operations with a focus on efficiency and user experience.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures.
- Analyze, develop, and manage IT Applications budget.
- BS / MS in Information Technology and/or 8+ years of IT Leadership experience.
- Expertise in leading application development efforts from the ground up, as well as utilizing enterprise-level systems such as AWS, Azure, and Salesforce.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to make strategic decisions on planning, building, and deploying of proprietary and enterprise applications.
- Experience developing, owning, and maintaining internal business applications supporting physical product design, manufacturing, logistics, or inventory systems.
- Proven track record of leading and mentoring IT teams, with systems engineering and web development technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices and trends in the IT industry, such as ITSM and DevOps.
- Vehicle manufacturing or similar experience preferred.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $200,000 to $275,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.