Senior Manager, IT Applications
Foster City, CA
Information Technology – Enterprise Applications /
The IT Applications team oversees a diverse portfolio of over 100 applications and services, ranging from custom-built solutions to enterprise SaaS applications. As the Senior Manager, IT Applications, you will lead this team of Developers, Administrators, and Analysts, playing a pivotal role in the advancement, implementation, and oversight of Zoox's IT Applications technology portfolio. Your leadership will be integral in ensuring the seamless operation and continual enhancement of our varied applications.
This individual will have an excellent understanding of software development and application administration, and will be capable of serving as a thought leader company-wide. They will have experience hiring and leading a team of 20+ application engineers and administrators. The ideal candidate will contribute to the optimization and automation of processes, embodying a vision for what is achievable in the realm of IT Applications at Zoox.
If you are ready to shape the future of our technological landscape and bring innovative solutions to fruition, we invite you to join us in this exciting opportunity.
- Develop and define the vision, strategy, framework, and roadmaps for the Zoox IT Applications organization.
- Drive conversations with executives and business stakeholders to execute the overall IT Applications strategy and provide strategic leadership to the IT Applications team.
- Hire, train, and mentor a team of Application Developers, Administrators, and Analysts.
- Oversight of daily operations with a focus on efficiency and user experience.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures.
- Analyze, develop, and manage IT Applications budget.
- 15+ years of IT experience and 8+ years of IT Leadership experience.
- BS / MS in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience leading software development teams building custom applications.
- Experience utilizing enterprise-level commercial applications.
- Experience making strategic decisions and developing an IT roadmap.
- Ability to effectively communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven track record of leading and mentoring IT teams.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices and trends in the IT industry, such as ITSM and ITIL.
- Vehicle manufacturing or similar experience preferred.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $200,000 to $299,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.