Director, People Partners (HR Business Partner)
Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations
As the Director, People Partner (HRBP) you will develop, iterate and execute a people strategy across business units which connects to the company, business and team objectives. In partnership with the broader HR & Talent team to identify needs and use existing resources in creative ways. You will be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, get operational items resolved in an efficient and effective manner, and work collaboratively with all levels in a matrixed environment.
- Partner with and advise executive team on people & culture strategy and decisions including team dynamic, design, development, and compensation
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a strategy, and effectively execute change management for your business unit(s).
- Continue to build and support a lean but powerful team of People Partners (HRBPs) who will work closely with individual business units/leaders with their needs
- Manage and facilitate development, coaching, and team building that support change and growth across the company
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage the strategy and programs that support employee happiness at Zoox driven by data from our employee engagement survey
- Leverage insights and data to inform and roll-out people programs
- 12+ years experience in a People / HRBP role or equivalent
- 5+ years experience directly managing HRBPs, Generalists, Administrators
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Experience operating in a high-tech, hyper-growth environment that is constantly evolving
- Good communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience scaling programs tailored for the different growth phases of a startup
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.