Senior Facilities and Security Manager
Foster City, CA
Operations – Places & Build
Reporting to the Director of Places and Build, the Senior Facilities and Security Manager
oversees and directs the daily activities of internal and external resources that support Zoox’
facility operations and physical security across a broad range of building types and asset
classes in the San Francisco Bay area. Our growing portfolio includes our HQ in Foster City and
other locations that support office, industrial prototyping, logistics, service centers and
manufacturing/assembly and other unique functions.
You will work within the cross-functional Places and Build team and have direct impact on real
estate decisions, project management and other strategic initiatives.
Candidate must be highly organized, efficient and experienced in all aspects of facilities
management and physical security--with a strong understanding of daily/yearly maintenance
protocols, risk management, resource/people management, fiscal management and strategic
operations. They will need to be proactive and have the agility to solve problems independently
and as a team member. They will work closely with senior management and all
departments/stakeholders across the company and will require superior problem-solving skills
across multiple disciplines.
- Lead and direct daily/weekly activities relating to operational facility management across 6+ locations (and growing)
- Create, maintain, update and forecast departmental budgets and create a quarterly report for management review
- Manage and oversee maintenance programs including internal “tickets” through our internal systems and processes
- Monitor and oversee proper maintenance and repair of all MEPF systems in all locations
- Ability to create RFP’s and negotiate for services required
- Manage and maintain SLA’s and KPI’s across the portfolio
- Provide project management support on small projects throughout the portfolio
- Manage seating charts, internal moves/requests and maintain current record of people/seats in all locations
- Manage OSHA compliance in existing facilities included, but not limited to First Aid, AED, PPE and Eyewash Station upkeep by 3rd party, Forklift Certifications, SDS tracking and regulatory reporting as needed
- Manage and direct Physical Security services across the portfolio through external vendors and recording/reporting systems
- Manage and maintain security infrastructure including badging, software and security camera systems/integration.
- 10+ years experience overseeing facilities management and physical security in office/manufacturing environments across multiple locations
- Experience managing internal and vendor team(s) across a diverse portfolio of functions and divisions
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations and transform them into easily understood and compelling solutions
- Proficient with Office/Docs/Excel/AutoCad/other software tools with the ability to create and present monthly reports, financial analysis and tracking data
- Solid construction and infrastructure acumen and highly proficient in managing real-time solutions
- Independently motivated, a collaborative team player, and adaptable to diverse situations and personalities
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.