Manufacturing Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations /
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build prototype sensors and compute hardware in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and design requirements. We are looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Manufacturing Engineer who will build and own the manufacturing line for both New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as support, improvements, modifications, and further development of deployed equipment.
- Support the introduction of new AHMO hardware through the design, development, and creation of production assembly/test/inspection procedures, fixtures, and equipment
- Take ownership of new products during the pilot production phase through successful product launches to resolve manufacturability issues and drive improvements in quality, cost, and efficiency
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and control product cost
- Create an efficient manufacturing assembly flow, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed NPI work instructions
- Establish best practices and standards for creating our MBOM (Manufacturing Bill of Material) and our BOP (Bill of Process)
- Work closely with the Design Engineers and PLM to release and maintain the accuracy of the Engineering BOM (EBOM) and MBOM
- Support ERP and MES integration
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians
- Provide troubleshooting for manufacturing issues and perform RCA and failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining manufacturing operations
- Support, maintain, improve, modify, and further develop the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting products with significant electromechanical content
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Enthusiasm for getting “hands-on” with product assembly and production equipment
- Experience in the design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures and tools
- Experience with design and/or process verification, validation, testing, and implementing design control processes
- Experience with process definition, sequence of operations, and human factors considered for manufacturing operations
- Experience in using Dassault 3DX (Catia and/or DELMIA)
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Proficiency with using Lean principles such as lean six sigma, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, 5S, and GMP
- Experience justifying and implementing robotics to automate processes
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.