Foster City, CA /
Legal – Legal /
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will support our procurement, hardware engineering, manufacturing, IT, and real estate teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations. You will advise on a wide variety of matters, including technology development agreements, software licenses, and supply agreements for goods and services.
You will draft and negotiate commercial agreements, implement best practices and documentation, train our growing procurement, engineering, and product teams, develop strategic business relationships with vendors, and work collaboratively across Zoox.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with supply agreements, licensing/technology agreements, equipment and capex purchases, and other transactional documents. A strong background in all facets of commercial law is required, and experience handling commercial contract disputes is preferred. Experience with automotive and/or electronics-focused clients is a plus, as is experience interfacing with state and federal regulatory bodies.
The candidate selected for this role will be Zoox’s second dedicated commercial counsel and will have room for significant growth as Zoox’s business matures and expands. This role will report to Zoox’s head of commercial legal.
- 5+ years handling commercial transactions, in-house and/or at a law firm
- Significant experience negotiating, drafting, and solving issues for various types of commercial contracts, including those relating to manufacturing vendors, technology vendors, automotive suppliers, software, professional services, and environmental health and safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and comfort with the uncertainty inherent in building a business
- Experience juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time based on business priority
- Excellent business and legal judgment and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams
- Inquisitiveness, willingness to learn new things, and ability to take the initiative to solve problems without being explicitly instructed to do so
- JD with outstanding academic credentials and at least one state bar
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working for or with OEM and vehicle-manufacturing companies
- Experience handling manufacturing and environmental regulatory and compliance issues
- Experience with other types of corporate transactional documents, such as financing documents and real estate agreements
- Experience handling commercial contract disputes
- Experience drafting software license agreements