Software Engineer - Mapping
Foster City, CA /
Software – Calibration, Localization & Mapping /
Zoox's Road Network team is responsible for developing the tools and infrastructure necessary to build, curate, and manage our high definition road network.
This road network is critical to autonomous driving and contains the semantic map information that our fleet uses to navigate real streets in multiple cities, with centimeter precision, every day. Our engineers’ work is foundational to driving autonomously, enabling many other AI teams in the Software org, as well as an internal team of Cartographers (map creators). The ZRN team treats our maps as a living data product, promptly shipping content updates whenever the world changes.
Our ZRN engineers drive architectural decisions about our map lifecycle. We create data pipelines and tools that make it easy for the entire business to access and understand our map data.
Our ideal software engineer is passionate about building systems to deliver maps rapidly, accurately, and at scale. Our team will help Zoox become a national mobility-as-a-service platform.
If any of the roles below interest you, we’d love to chat with you!
ZRN Core Architecture Engineer
- Role: Design and develop essential ZRN components including the ZRN data format, validation frameworks, post-processing pipelines, and interfaces consumed by downstream customers.
- Needs: Fluency with C++. 5+ years of experience with practical software engineering / architecture work. Deep passion for robust and elegant architecture, as well as code correctness and maintainability.
ZRN Tools Engineer
- Role: Develop features for our road network Editor. Cartographers use this in-house application to create and maintain all of the road data that our vehicles use to drive. Build out the content pipeline that allows Cartographers to produce ZRN data accurately and quickly.
- Needs: Fluency with C++. Experience with front-end application development. Experience with Computer Graphics / OpenGL.
ZRN Web Front-End Engineer
- Role: Develop tools and services to enable people throughout the business to easily visualize, understand, and interact with our road network content. The team’s high-visibility products include a web-based ZRN Viewer and related WebGL visualization libraries for ZRN content. These libraries power simulation and operations tools used daily by hundreds of internal customers.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.