Software Engineer - Mapping
Foster City, CA
Software – Calibration, Localization & Mapping
The Zoox Road Network team is responsible for developing the tools and infrastructure necessary to build, curate, and manage our high definition road network.
This road network is critical to autonomous driving. It contains the semantic mapping information our fleet uses to navigate the streets of our cities in the real world, down to centimeter precision, and with immediate updates when the world changes. The mapping team needs hard working and dedicated engineers who can help achieve the accuracy and scale necessary to become a national ride-as-a-service platform.
You will solve a variety of problems in both the back-end architectural space and front end user-experience space as we build out a robust mapping pipeline.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years practical software development experience
- Strong C++ coding experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design skills
- Develop / build substantial new feature code from scratch
- Master's / PhD in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with geometry, routing or graph theory
- Experience with OpenGL or WebGL
- Experience with mapping or GIS systems
- Experience in Python
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.