Electrical Integration Engineer, Mechatronic Systems
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As a Mechatronics Systems Electrical Integration Engineer, you will be architecting and validating a wide variety of electrical interfaces user-facing parts and assemblies, for automotive interior and exterior environments, and taking them from concept to mass production. In this highly cross-functional role, you will need to develop requirements, solve challenging design problems, create and test prototypes, and coordinate projects under tight timelines. Our team is rapidly growing, and you'll have the opportunity to be involved in nearly every aspect of the vehicle development lifecycle, from concept design to supplier selection, all the way to final full-vehicle bring-up and line logistics.
If you are excited about solving difficult problems and have a passion for electro-mechanical product design, we want to hear from you!
- Develop novel architectures and communications interfaces to solve complex HMI interactions.
- Define software feature sets for in-house development and supplier deliveries.
- Bring up electrical assemblies on an E/E integration buck.
- Creating SW documentation to be used for validation.
- Develop integration test plans for subcomponents to validate FW releases.
- Create novel networking interfaces for next generation connected vehicle applications.
- A degree in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical design and integration; automotive or safety critical industry experience a plus, including high reliability systems.
- Experience with Vector Tools.
- Ethernet and wireless networking experience a plus.
- Audio systems experience a plus.
- Experience with using O-Scopes and Signal Analyzers to debug electronic assemblies.
- Ability to work with PCBA schematics for debugging purposes.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.