Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
Zoox is looking for a firmware engineer who will be responsible for building software libraries, frameworks, and services that can be utilized across multiple projects to accelerate development and ensure we build consistent and robust embedded systems. We are looking for people who are passionate about building quality, robust, optimized, and reusable embedded software.
- Architect, develop, debug, optimize, review, and test software for real-time embedded platforms in areas including on-vehicle communication, diagnostics, logging, configuration management, and software updates
- Develop, extend, and maintain libraries, frameworks, and systems services to make our embedded development faster, simpler, and more testable
- Integrate third-party libraries into the Zoox software stack
- Characterize and optimize full-stack embedded systems
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software for resource constrained systems
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Strong experience with microc-ontrollers and/or microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Experience architecting, debugging, and optimizing embedded software on top of a real-time OS
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communication protocols and stacks (CAN, LIN, ethernet, UDS, DDS etc.)
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.