Senior Researcher, Experience
Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – UI/UX Design
Zoox is developing the next generation of mobility - fully autonomous electric vehicles, designed from the ground up to provide an unprecedented experience for passengers and cities. A service to help shift society away from personal vehicle ownership, towards shared, autonomous, electric transportation.
The Experience Team works across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative.
We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch
As Zoox’s Senior Researcher in the Experience team, you will join a team of designers and researchers to invent and design innovative solutions that our customers will choose and love. You will work across the org to make strategic decisions and run the design process on key workstreams and initiatives. You will lead and champion a human-centered design process and culture.
As a Senior Researcher in Zoox’s Experience team, you will represent the voice of the customer at Zoox. You will work across the org to define and run research studies to provide valuable and actionable insights. You will collaborate with other researchers and champion a human-centered design culture and inform the design delightful and impactful experiences that solve real needs.
- Identify relevant user insights that help us make decisions with confidence, reduce risks, and stay focused on what matters the most
- Organize and conduct a range of research studies using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Gain a deep understanding of both our internal and external customers and help the organization understand their context, intent, and needs
- Champion a Human-Centered design culture across the company
- Align research goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research insights to inform product decisions across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- 8+ years of relevant user research experience in a commercial organization
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience conducting field studies
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Experience with Market Research
- Experience in Automotive
- Background in Human-Machine Interaction
- Experience working with AI
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.