Vehicle Test Engineer
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation /
As a vehicle test engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving.
You will be responsible for developing and executing vehicle-level testing for autonomous safety-critical systems.
- Develop and execute the technical and logistical planning of vehicle tests including cross-functional coordination with other teams: vehicle engineering, operations, software, and sensors
- Design efficient test programs to achieve test coverage of requirements and scenarios, drawing on simulation, and analysis where possible
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
- Design, develop, and operate test equipment and instrumentation systems
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field, and trace failures to correct subsystems
- Perform test data analysis and report test results. Define and develop automated data extraction tools to streamline analysis and reporting
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of test engineering experience in the automobile, robotics or aerospace industry
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience
- Experience with test scripting and data analysis languages such as Python or Matlab
- Cross-disciplinary background and curiosity. Confident with automotive electronics.
- Familiar with communication protocols and tools: Ethernet, CAN, LIN
- Experience developing integration and test plans and procedures for safety critical robotic systems and/or autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C or C++
- Familiar with AB Dynamics test equipment
- Experience with Linux Systems, OxTS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.