Platform System Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Hardware Software Integration /
The Firmware Integration and Verification team at Zoox is looking for a platform system validation engineer who will be responsible for defining and validating functional requirements for sub-systems within Zoox's platforms. You will be responsible for validating end-to-end functionality and characterizing the performance of sub-systems, including hardware, firmware and software. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to clearly define functional sub-system requirements and ensure complete validation is performed for Zoox's vehicle platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Define and develop comprehensive test plans based on requirements, trace test cases to requirements, set pass/fail criteria and refine requirements based on test outcomes
- Develop and execute system and sub-system level test plans on multiple test layers (HiL, Dyno, Vehicle)
- Define tooling needs to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently
- Collaborate with system, software, firmware & hardware engineers to ensure implementations meet requirements and desired functionality in accordance with product requirements
- Analyze test plans for coverage gaps and develop mitigation plans for the gaps.
- Investigate issues through data analysis and issue reproduction
- Multidisciplinary engineer, interacting with system architects, hardware designers, firmware/software developers and systems integration to maintain expert understanding of systems (Motion control, Charging, Body control, Autonomy )
- 2+ years of experience in developing or testing embedded software
- Test automation with Python or other scripting languages
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering with practical software engineering experience
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Working knowledge of components/systems such as drive unit, power steering, actuators, braking systems, powertrain, HV charging, body controls
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $142,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.