CAD BoM Release Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Program Management
Hiring for Subsystems: Electrical & Powertrain, Chassis & Thermal, Body & Closures, Interior & Exterior
The PLM Analyst is a member of the Systems Engineering Organization. This team member will work directly with design responsible engineers to coordinate and drive Release and Change Management processes in the scope of the defined Vehicle Systems. The Engineer will also work cross functionally with program management and stakeholder organizations to define
and validate the Vehicle Bill of Materials and Components Documentation supporting product launch.
A successful applicant will have the opportunity to help define the enterprise processes for a fast growing, future oriented product development and production brand with the potential to grow into a leadership role in Program Management, Engineering, or Production domains as the company grows and matures.
- Work with Responsible Design Engineers to define, validate, and coordinate the release of System & Subsystem Bill of Materials and associated CAD Specifications and Documents.
- Track and manage in process System & Subsystem Releases and Changes to ensure that they are implemented correctly and on time for new product introduction and for continuing production milestones.
- Work with Change Management and Production planning to validate correct product orders and configurations during product launch, and to troubleshoot System context material supply issues.
- Work with Data Management and Security functions to ensure that data is accurately and securely managed within the organization.
- Participate in development & continuous improvement of robust PLM processes to manage product BoM, Change, Cost, and Timing.
- 3+ years’ experience in Engineering/Production environments working in Automotive/Aerospace/Robotics industries is preferred.
- Experience & ability to efficiently complete daily CAD and Drawing Data management practices within an Enterprise PLM Environment.
- Understanding of enterprise scale Engineering Development, Bill of Materials, and Change Management / Release Processes.
- Ability and desire to work cross-functionally with engineering, procurement, logistics, manufacturing, quality to resolve implementation issues holistically.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and common workplace software applications.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Past Experience in Design Engineering within relevant Subsystem Domain(s) is preferred.
- Past Experience with 3DExperience, Enovia, and Catia Software is preferred.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.