Electrical Engineer - Compute
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Hardware
As our electrical engineer, you will be responsible for the design and integration of the power modules in Zoox's autonomous vehicle platform. We are looking for an electrical engineer who is enthusiastic, innovative, and passionate about the future of mobility.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Circuit board design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- Hardware validation and debugging
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- Collaboration with contract manufacturers for prototyping activities and high volume production
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on Electrical Engineering/Power Electronics
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuits, and power electronics fundamentals
- Experience in board and system level testing and characterization
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscope)
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer preferred)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Lab scripting/test automation experience (LabView, MATLAB, Python)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.