Manufacturing System Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As our Manufacturing System Integration Engineer, you will be required to design, develop and implement the firmware installation and diagnostic systems to bring up, validate and test the electrical and firmware systems of a vehicle as well as perform the End of Line diagnostics during the manufacturing process.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Develop and implement a system to install, bring up and test the vehicle firmware during the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement a system to bring up and validate the vehicle electrical system during the manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement a system to manage End-of-Line (EOL) test equipment and perform diagnostics on the data collected by EOL systems.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary engineers to collect and interpret the component and vehicle level requirements and to translate them into a scalable system level validation procedure to be performed during the vehicle integration process.
- Identify the root causes of issues during vehicle bring up, firmware update and calibration process and work with Zoox software and EE team engineers to develop proper resolutions.
- Develop engineering tools to support activities such as software flashing, diagnostic services and engineering data exchange. This may include working collaboratively with vendors to formulate and build applications and tool customizations to optimize and automate software updating process.
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing partners to manage vehicle bring-up including troubleshooting of vehicle systems, end-of-line testing and sensor calibration.
- Take actions that support the development and growth of Zoox
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area such as Operations, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience with automotive controllers integration testing
- Good knowledge in Vehicle Electrical Architecture - CAN/LIN/Ethernet
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, mechanical systems, sensors, and actuators as well as ECU communication
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies like FMEA and fault trees
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Strong understanding of the electrical and software architecture of modern automotive vehicles
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Customer focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Advanced project management skills
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.