Test Vehicle Project Manager
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on ownership of the vehicle test equipment, you will be an integral link to successfully validating the Zoox vehicle.
- Own testing support equipment to allow testing to be conducted efficiently.
- Act as project manager to scope, develop, and deliver hardware to operate Zoox test vehicles, and monitor systems on test vehicles.
- Support installation and troubleshooting of vehicle test equipment.
- Conduct vehicle performance assessments and function validation, and provide feedback for improvement opportunities.
- Maintain documentation of vehicle activities, operator guides, and other information resources.
- Train operators in vehicle usage.
- Engineering degree with 8+ years hands on experience in vehicle development.
- Excellent communications skills to coordinate engineering groups in testing needs.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage vehicles and hardware for a vehicle development organization.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, including CAN.
- Complete vehicle testing.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.