Calibration, Localization, & Mapping Intern
Foster City, CA
Software – Calibration, Localization & Mapping
In this role, you will help us build state-of-the art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in real-time. We're looking for an engineering student in an advanced degree program, who has experience building mapping and localization systems.
We're looking for C++ wizards who aren't scared of a challenge, and are excited to help Zoox build incredible software.
- Currently working towards a degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Strong mathematics skills
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.