Senior Software Engineer - Integration Tools
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Hardware-Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis to enable software development. As the Senior Software Engineer - Integration Tools, you will be developing the software infrastructure to support the integration of next-generation compute, sensor and data networking systems into autonomous vehicles. Candidates should have a solid software development background as well as interest in lower-level hardware systems. This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of the vehicle program, ensuring that we can track, model and understand the performance and failures of our platform. We are looking for someone who loves making things work and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and dig right in!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own back-end web infrastructure and server deployments to store, analyze and report hardware status
- Write software to support the integration of autonomous vehicle platform hardware and software
- Develop frameworks to trace hardware functionality from bench testing to manufacturing line, and out in the field
- Build services and APIs for internal hardware and software teams
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system-level issues through historical diagnostic data
WHAT WE’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Compute Science or Computer Science Engineering
- Proficiency developing web services and databases
- Experience with writing scalable Python and C++ modules
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with in Ubuntu and other UNIX systems
- Knowledge of modern computer networking
- Optional: Experience with Bazel and Amazon ECS
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.