Motion Planning Metrics Internship/Co-op
Foster City, CA /
Software – Motion Planning & Control /
Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely.
A key piece of building this complex software is measuring its performance. As an intern for motion planning metrics, you will use vehicle and simulation data to help our motion planning developers understand how the vehicle is driving. You should be passionate about developing innovative metrics for driving behavior and/or system performance that support decisions, direct efforts, and provide clarity.
- Currently working towards a M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Advanced understanding of Python, or C++
- Experience in a data-focused role, performing analyses that inform decision making
- Experience with web development
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.