San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Hardware
Our hardware team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and compute platform for automotive application. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional mechanical design engineer.
- Design mechanical components and assemblies for small- to medium-production volumes
- Perform Finite Element Analysis to validate mechanical designs of static and dynamic components and assemblies
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technicians to create work instructions for small- to medium-production volumes
- Communicate with cross-function teams to gather requirements, and get design feedback
- Participate in overall mechanical design and development work
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering + 5 years’ industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in designing precision components, mechanical subsystems or assemblies
- Finite Element Analysis experience
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Robotics experience is a plus
- Experience in mechanical system test is a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.