User Experience Designer, Ops
Foster City, CA /
Experience – Design /
Zoox's Experience Team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
As Zoox's UX Designer, Ops, you will join our team and help us transform our vision into reality. You will invent and design innovative internal tools solutions to deliver a suite of visual applications and dashboards that help Zoox build autonomy from the ground up and scale to large fleets of Robo-taxis operating in multiple cities across the world.
- Work closely with Engineering, Research, and End-Users
- Design, iterate, and manage internal tools across organizational teams
- Communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes
- Prepare design specifications through wireframes to hand-off
- Confirm design specifications with users and stakeholders
- Design interfaces and interactions that are elegant, accessible, intuitive, and delightful to use
- Improve the Design and Experience of existing products
- Define design principles and align goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Gain a deep understanding of both our internal users and external customers
- Invent and prototype new interactions to create innovative solutions
- 4+ years of work experience
- Strong background in design principles and processes
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and Visual Design work for desktop, or web applications
- Highly skilled in Figma Design and Photoshop/Illustrator
- Ability to prototype in HTML/CSS/JS, such as in codepen or other tools
- Experience in designing Application experience from start to finish
- Experience working within a technical environment
- 3D graphics & visualization
- Automotive or transportation industry experience
- Experience conducting user research
- Previous experience working on professional web-based applications
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.