Senior Chassis Engineer, Actuators
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering /
Zoox is looking for a senior chassis engineer to serve in both an oversight and an individual contributor capacity. In this role, you will work closely with the Chassis Actuator Engineering team to coordinate the execution and delivery of engineering milestones. You will also work with Tier 1 suppliers to lead the development and release of components related to an active chassis system while meeting cost, weight, timing and performance targets.
The scope includes these chassis elements includes active suspension, brake system, steering system, mechatronic units, hydraulic pumps, valves, accumulators, fluid distribution, and electronic controllers.
- Interface with internal vehicle systems engineering and software teams, as well as suppliers, to deliver an integrated chassis system
- Work cross-functionally with vehicle integration, software integration, mission assurance, and testing teams
- Deliver requirements and specifications
- Deliver failure mode and effects analysis
- Deliver design and production validation reports
- BS or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle engineering, chassis systems design, and component delivery
- Understanding of hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and system architecture
- Knowledge of automotive program development/release process, schedule planning, and testing
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 or V6 CAD software
- Master's degree or PhD
- Patent awards
- CAN & Network skills
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience
- Polarion, JIRA, or Confluence experience
- Simulink software proficiency and hydraulic system modeling
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.