Vehicle Technician - Prototyping
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
As our vehicle technician for prototyping, you will be responsible for supporting the build-out of our vehicle programs. You will support both the build up of our vehicle test benches and prototypes. You must have a jack-of-all-trades background and be comfortable with mechanical and electrical systems.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- 5+ years of experience in a prototyping environment
- Light fabrications experience (ex. making a bracket, drilling holes for rivnuts and installation)
- Experience with electrical harness creation, running lines, terminating circuits with connectors etc.
- Fundamental understanding of automotive CAN network debug
- Light FAB/machining/woodworking experience and associated tool knowledge
- High voltage experience preferably on hybrid or electric cars
- Ability to strip the interior of automotive vehicles
- Automotive experience
- PC building, computer savvy
- Experience with wood working and welding is a plus (prototyping level mock ups)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.