Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety and a best-in-class experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual and physical durability development you will work in predicting where the vehicle is within its lifespan, and providing maintenance scenarios and optimization strategies. Working at a startup gives you the chance to unleash your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Establish and refine the system/component-level targets for reliability in collaboration with internal stakeholders in Vehicle Systems Engineering and Advanced Hardware Engineering.
- Drive the design failure mode and effects analysis process (DFMEA) for several vehicle systems to capture the salient reliability performance risks and the appropriate risk mitigation activities.
- Use reliability targets, risk information from DFMEAs, and reliability physics of failure to work with validation engineers in developing virtual and physical test plans to prove out the designs and demonstrate the required reliability performance.
- Pave the way from development to field deployment by developing and deploying the systems necessary.
- Identify reliability performance improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of corrective actions
- Masters-level engineering or similar technical degree with 10+ years hands on experience in Reliability Engineering.
- Detailed understanding of automotive systems, typical failure modes and test methods.
- Deep understanding of reliability data analysis and risk assessment, and how to develop component reliability targets based on functional safety and business objectives.
- Ability to lead and coach a high calibre engineering team toward world class levels of reliability/dependability.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, or similar professional recognition.
- Experience in failure mode assessment, accelerated reliability testing and advanced field reliability monitoring concepts is highly preferable.
- An understanding of ISO 26262 Functional Safety
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.