San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
The Production Supervisor will be an integral member of Advance Hardware Manufacturing Operations, with responsibilities for production line management, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions for continual improvement of the Manufacturing processes.
This role will collaborate on demand planning, drive production schedules, and labor/equipment efficiency. Responsibilities include selection and personnel development to ensure the efficient operation of the production function, meet design requirements, align capacity, optimize the utilization of the workforce, and minimize manufacturing costs. This position is responsible for Lean initiatives, and Quality compliance.
As a Production Supervisor, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build sensor and compute suites supporting our autonomous vehicle fleets. The successful candidate will coordinate with procurement, oversee product assembly, performance testing and related shop floor documentation of electronic systems.
Position will provide direct supervision of engineering technicians while working with engineering teams to execute prototype level projects. Projects are regularly custom or low volume production builds requiring the Supervisor to be comfortable with a challenging, rapidly changing environment.
- Oversight and direction to Engineering Lab team members, maintain work schedules, JIRA project assignments, training, vacations, etc.
- Work with AHMO management team to plan staffing levels, recruit, interview and hire FT and contact personnel
- Work with Facilities to maintain, plan and implement required lab space and infrastructure build out.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff – GMP; cross-training, test and shop floor documentation
- Lead team members to achieve AHMO objectives, assure accountability though productivity and quality metrics
- Foster a workplace culture consistent with the overall AHMO mission
- Develop and communicate standard production performance metrics: On-Time Delivery; Cycle-time; Changeover time; yield; capacity utilization; WIP inventory turns
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a prototyping manufacturing organization.
- Ability to work in groups to solve problems and find innovative solutions to engineering and resource challenges
- High level of initiative and dependability, organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Skilled in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical enclosure & wire harness drawings
- Competency in general electronics practices such as soldering, splicing, utilization of various connector systems, testing scripts, etc.
- Experience building wiring harnesses & electrical box builds for custom and low volume batch builds
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ experience minimum in a rapid pace, prototyping manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience minimum in a Direct Leadership role
- Master of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in PLM; MRP; ERP platforms
- Prior experience with manufacturing operations optimization & shop floor inventory control
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, Pareto charts, process mapping.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management skills
- Strong PC skills – advanced Excel proficiency
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.