Safety Test Technician
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
As a Test Technician in Zoox’s Vehicle Integration Team, you will be responsible for the set up and execution of tests on Zoox development vehicles. This includes, planning tests, organizing and installing test equipment, and executing tests according to the
requestor’s procedures. Testing will be required on various vehicle systems to support vehicle and component level safety targets and homologation. You will also be expected to support these testing activities and the third-party lab while working closely with the responsible attribute lead.
- Execute test activities accurately and thoroughly. Gather data in the format requested by the test engineer.
- Support the alignment of test facilities for test requests.
- Install test instrumentation and equipment in vehicle so test purpose can be realized.
- Support procurement and calibration of test equipment as necessary.
- Maintain workshop space to a high professional level in terms of safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Bachelors or technical degree.
- Experience working with automotive development environment.
- Experience working with test equipment in quasi-static safety and crash testing.
- Mechanical fabrication experience.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.