Corporate Counsel, Product
Foster City, CA
Finance – Legal
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team and Zoox’s mission to create the first ground-up and purpose-built autonomous vehicle mobility service. This role will be Zoox’s first dedicated product counsel and will have significant room for growth as Zoox’s operation matures.
- Serve as the primary attorney responsible for counseling Zoox on a broad range of product, commercial, technology, privacy, accessibility, marketing, and payment-related matters.
- Primary duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including privacy, product compliance, marketing, product liability, software licensing, and service and payment terms and conditions.
- JD with outstanding academic credentials and one state bar with the ability to register in California as an in-house counsel.
- 4+ years handling commercial and privacy-related issues, preferably both in-house and at a law firm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of room for innovation and decision-making.
- Proven record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time.
- Great business and legal judgment, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams.
- Being inquisitive, willing to learn new things, and able to take the initiative to solve problems without being told to do so.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working with business and technology teams implementing product and privacy compliance initiatives.
- Experience working on a product or service launch.
- Experience working with business and engineering teams creating complex technologies.
- Experience with litigation, pre-litigation dispute handling, and product liability issues.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.