Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Electrical Engineering
As our Harnessing Engineer you will be responsible for designing the cabling and interconnects between hardware components on our vehicle. This role will require cross-functional collaboration to understand harnessing requirements from electrical, mechanical, and sourcing teams. You will work closely with design, test, and integration engineers to ensure that all harnessing needs are met for the complex and safety-critical hardware on our vehicle.
Our vehicle requires harnessing for low and high speed communication links, as well as power distribution. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on challenges to work with us as an exceptional Harnessing Engineer.
- Define, document and maintain interface control documents (device transmittals, 2D logical schematics, 3D harness routing, etc)
- Lead reviews to communicate, coordinate, and consult with stakeholdersCreate schematics and perform analysis on electrical harnessing
- Own harnesses from requirements through validation and production
- Support supplier sourcing activities by creating technical information packages for quotation.
- Interface with contract manufacturers and vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of harnessing for vehicle build activities
- Interface with suppliers for cables and connectors to resolve technical issues and questionsWork with technicians on prototyping and rework of harnesses
- Work with systems engineers to conduct DFMEA and FMEDA Work with test engineers to perform design verification testingSupport vehicle build events, including debugging harness issues and subsequent resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- 4+ years of automotive harness release experience
- Knowledge of harness manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with performing 3D modeling of wire harnesses
- Experience working within automotive products/fields
- Knowledge of basic SI/PI issues in harnesses
- Experience with high-speed communication links
- Experience debugging harness issues
- Experience using Catia V5/V6
- Experience with development and integration of current harness technology into a self-driving vehicle platform
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.