Electrical Engineer - Digital Design
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Hardware
As a digital design electrical engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to predominantly design, implement and test high speed digital designs in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. In addition, some mixed signal, power supply and RF circuit design and analysis will be required. You will apply your expertise and knowledge in electrical engineering, robotics, automotive, aerospace, and/or computer science to develop new products and technologies.
- Full cycle printed circuit board design process including the following: circuit design and simulation, schematic capture and review, component placement and layout review, design verification test specification, management of domestic contract manufacturers for prototype builds of PCBAs
- Collaboration with firmware, mechanical and test engineering teams to test, implement and integrate PCBA designs into larger systems
- System level debug to identify issue root case and implement corrective actions
- Collaborative specification of system level electrical components such as radios, antennas, network switches, cameras and other sensors, etc
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience development digital and low power analog systems
- Expertise of circuit simulation tools (LTspice or PSPICE), schematic capture, and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, etc)
- High Speed Digital design expertise: working with designs that incorporate high speed buses such as PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, Broadr-Reach, DDR3/4, MIPI-CSI, etc
- Expertise in implementing and debugging common industry technologies and protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Experience designing electronics to specific standards (ISO26262, MIL-461, MIL-810, FCC, CE, UL, CISPR, etc)
- Hands-on lab experience with equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, soldering and rework stations
- Electrical design experience in Robotics, Aerospace or Automotive companies/projects.
- Experience with FTA, FMEA, FMEDA
- Expertise in designing PCBs with FPGAs
- Experience in high speed digital bus simulation (hyperlynx or similar)
- Analog, RF, and power supply design, (i.e. filter, amplifier, SMPS) with in-depth understanding of noise sources and signal/power integrity
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.