Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a premium ride experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering while mastering noise and vibration development. In this role you will provide direction to key design, vehicle control, CAE, and attribute teams to ensure the right level of vehicle quietness is delivered for our customers. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Act as technical lead for the development of and achievement of NVH performance targets
- Validate and optimize design concepts using experimental test methods such as modal analysis, point mobility, acoustic and vibration sensitivity, and transfer path analysis
- Construct NVH test plans to assess the impact of proposed designs, investigate problem root causes, and develop countermeasures for systems which are not at optimal
- Conduct subjective and objective NVH evaluations on component and vehicle sub-systems
- Assess NVH performance from virtual prototype through production utilizing simulation and test methods
- Provide direction and requirements to vehicle system engineers to ensure component, sub-system, and vehicle level targets are met
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field of study
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 10+ years of automotive or related NVH development experience
- Excellent understanding of acoustics and vibration principles
- Experience with acoustic and vibration test equipment and data analysis software (LMS, Test.Lab, HEAD Acoustics ArtemiS, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop effective solutions efficiently
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.