Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers having diverse backgrounds in areas such as robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering, to deliver vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. You will lead CAE activities through the virtual development phases using analysis, reporting, and excellent communication skills and give clear inputs and feedback to the attribute and system engineering teams while ensuring that complete vehicle attribute targets are met. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Ensure virtual tools, methodologies, and correlation are in place to produce highly predictive quality of virtual simulations
- Support vehicle level target breakdown into clear metrics for the system and component engineering teams
- Lead the virtual analysis of the full vehicle in clear communication and report-outs
- Support the engineering organization in using virtual simulation to drive optimal design solutions
- Develop virtual DVPs and execute accordingly
- Take ownership of alignment between all internal and external teams using CAE modeling guidelines, material definitions, and interface definitions that are in line and to the same standard
- Report out at project gateways
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or related field
- Know how of common CAE tools
- Background in Vehicle Safety CAE performance development preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.