Director, Product Security Architecture and Software
Foster City, CA
Software – Product Security
As the Director of Product Security Architecture and Software, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a software security strategy for Zoox's level 5 autonomous vehicle. Your responsibilities will include a wide variety of cybersecurity work, including hands-on penetration testing, process and technology stack improvements, security-conscious software development, external vendor engagement, and product security roadmap implementation.
You will also be a resource, mentor, and leader of a growing team of highly driven computer security professionals.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar degree with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience building and leading world-class security-focused engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to cope with complexity and find elegant solutions that strike the right balance between security and overall business goals
- Broad comparative understanding of operating systems, networking technologies, and specific implementations---especially from a computer security perspective
- Clear public profile, and a clear dedication to the company mission
- Strong background in C / C++ programming in Linux environments
- PhD in Computer Security, or high-profile cyber-security track record, such as sustained product security leadership at companies known for their dynamic and technically rigorous environment
- Demonstrated experience securing safety critical embedded systems of varied degrees of complexity
- Meaningful experience with security in automotive or aerospace environments
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.