Hardware Test Manager
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Test Engineering
As our hardware test manager, you will lead the testing branch of the Advanced Hardware Engineering department. We design and integrate cutting edge sensors and computers which must survive electrical and environmental stresses seen in automotive environments. These sensors and computers are safety critical to our vehicle architecture and are therefore held to very high reliability standards. Zoox is looking for a manager with strengths across many engineering disciplines who can help solve unique test engineering challenges. This person should have a genuine passion for uncovering latent issues by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate department wide test campaigns and meet company milestones
- Institute effective hardware test strategies, methodologies and processes
- Develop new facilities and equipment to test hardware
- Guide Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineers to complete component level testing from development to qualification
- Grow the hardware test organization
- B.Sc.in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar discipline
- 10+ years of industry experience in hardware engineering
- 5+ years industry experience in test leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in testing automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace components
- Experience with EE lab equipment, reliability test equipment, data acquisition tools, and test automation.
- Strong EE Fundamentals
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, Ethernet
- Familiarity with ALM tools (Polarion preferred)
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.