Software Engineer - Machine Learning / Robotics Data Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Perception
Big data is entering a new phase: robotics. Robotics offers new challenges such as dealing with large, hetereogenous datasets, streaming data and a first-class focus on applying data to deep learning. Traditional methods / tools don’t always apply here - GPUs, C++ and new types of data create great opportunities for innovation. We’re looking for someone to help the transition from traditional big-data thinking to a focus on robotics and machine learning. In contrast to typical data engineers that are embedded in a team of other data engineers, you’ll be working side-by-side with engineers working on specific machine learning applications for self-driving. From this unique perspective, you’ll have the opportunity to understand the challenges to creating and deploying machine learning models, improve those workflows, and test out your own contributions by training some machine learning models of your own.
- Creating new and better tooling for machine learning dataset generation and visualization.
- Developing new and better ways to automate existing and new workflows.
- Scaling machine learning datasets.
- Streamlining the path from raw data to learnt model.
- Training models to understand how the machine learning software experience can be improved.
- Familiarity with big/streaming data manipulation frameworks/concepts, e.g. MapReduce, Apache Beam, Spark.
- Experience with databases - SQL / NoSQL.
- Experience with big/fast/streaming data processing in the cloud.
- Experience with machine learning / deep learning or an understanding of linear algebra, optimization and basic calculus.
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, or equivalent industry experience.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.