Software Engineer - Localization and Mapping
Foster City, CA
Software – Calibration, Localization & Mapping
In this role, you will help us build state-of-the art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in real-time. We're looking for an engineer with an advanced degree and experience building mapping and localization systems that work with real data in uncertain environments.
This will be a challenging but extremely rewarding job. If you want to solve hard problems and make incredible software with us, please apply.
- Fluency in C / C++
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematics skills
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.