Active Safety Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the active safety performance. Leading the active safety validation activities through the virtual and physical development phases, to sign off and certification. Using analysis, reporting and excellent communication skills to give clear inputs to the hardware and software teams to ensure active safety targets are met under all conditions.
- Develop vehicle level safety load cases and targets to support the Zoox safety strategy
- Cascade vehicle level targets into clear metrics for the system and component engineering, and software teams
- Take ownership of the active safety and develop a virtual and physical validation plan
- Lead the execution of active safety validation
- Track performance status and report out at project gateways
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field
- Experienced with FMVSS and other legal and consumer safety protocols
- Extensive experience in active safety performance development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.