Test Engineer, Chassis System
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a Test Engineer for the Chassis team, you will be responsible for testing and validating steering, suspension, and brake systems. The candidate will be expected to produce system and vehicle level test plans according to the program timeline and spending forecast. This will require working with the Chassis design engineers as well as third party testing houses and proving grounds to lead the testing activity. During the testing, the test engineer will be required to record, analyze, and report all findings.
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. You will be challenged to rethink what it means for hardware design to arrive at elegant and efficient systems now that a robot is in control. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Bachelors degree in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience in vehicle testing
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with CAN communication
- Willing to travel (up to 25%)
- Experience in operating data acquisition systems (VBox, SoMAT eDAQ, LMS) for data collection of vehicle instrumentation with thermal couples/accelerometers/strain gauges/pressure sensors/load cells/LVDT/etc.
- FSAE or Baja experience
- Noise, vibration, and harshness experience and problem solving
- Programming experience (C++, python, Vector Capl, Matlab)
- Vehicle Dynamics and Drivers training
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.