Technical Program Manager - IT
Foster City, CA
Information Technology – Compute Infrastructure
As our technical program manager, you will support IT infrastructure expansion efforts. You will work cross-functionally with our leaders across software, facilities, and vehicle engineering to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones by developing project schedules, flagging risks, estimating budgets, and communicating progress.
Our IT team is in charge of building new platform services that are foundational to engineering development teams at Zoox. Our projects include bringing up new data centers and regional sites, planning and organizing new Exascale storage architecture solutions, and managing the delivery of new enterprise applications. We need a program manager who can assist our IT team to document, plan, and deliver on a variety of customer demands in a timely, predictable, and repeatable manner. We appreciate well-organized candidates that can be frank with engineers, and help them bridge their technical solutions into compelling recommendations with concise tradeoffs.
As with any startup, we move fast here at Zoox, and you’ll be asked to wear many hats from time to time. We’d love to hear from you if you’re game for adapting to the challenges, taking on new responsibilities as needed, and hitting deadlines. If you’re not shy about herding the cats and managing the chaos then this role was made for you!
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget).
- Ensure the IT team understands what they need to deliver on at all times.
- Define and manage process and regular meetings.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are ongoing within the engineering teams.
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks.
- Support key decisions by working cross-functionally with engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Experience with IT Infrastructure and/or Enterprise Applications
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Experience managing projects that leverage Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban methodologies with a strong understanding of what to use, and when.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.